Readers

Wednesday, January 4, 2023


 

Why a cow in the header, you might ask?

Well, because this post is odd and so, why not a funny cow in the header?

It does tell a couple of things about me and whoever whats to play it with me, but it’s neither here nor there, and there’s a cow.

So, at the very least, it's not serious.

It’s January after all, we have a year of whatever to survive. Let’s do weird things.


The first thing that comes into your mind for each letter.

Go.


A: Air.

I need a lot of it around me. I’m not claustrophobic, I just don’t like small places. Small rooms.

Small places where I’m crammed with other people. Or even my house, when it’s messy and it looks like there’s no room for anything, not even for thinking.


B: Books.

How did you think I could say anything else???


C: coffee. I drink only one in the morning, I’m a nervous person to begin with, and I don’t need any push, but that one is so so good.


D: dogs.

Dogs over cats, despite the troubled relationship I have with my current pup. 


E: Eat. 

I do love eating if my husband does the cooking. I used to like eating, period, but so many years with him turned me into a complete food snob.


F: fight

Always to get to your dreams.

Never for stupid things, never for the sake of it. 


G: Grounded.

What I am.

I am a very grounded, serious person. Reliable. Principled. 

Maybe boring, but I’ll be there when it hits the fan.


H: Home

Where my husband is. The kids are there too for now, but they’re not mine to keep there. They will go, and I like to think I will always be home to them. But to me, home is where he is.


I: Idiot

What I sometimes am, and I’m ok with it.


J: Joy

That pure, rare moment of eternity we strive for. 


K: Kiss. 

All of them, man. From the (very) good ones from my husband to my little one's sloppy and slobbery, through the sweet smacks my son is still not afraid to give me. All. Of. The. Kisses.


L: Lime. In the Margaritas. And don’t be shy with the Tequila. 

Thanks.


M: Music.

There’s no writing books without it.  


N: Needle.

I picked up sewing after years - and I mean YEARS - and I', so happy I did. It's so much fun, and I get new clothes. Ha!


O: Oh for f*$#@ sake.

What I say/think in the thousands every day before breakfast.


P: Pain. 

There wouldn’t be joy without pain. 

On this subject, I highly recommend the movie Inside Out. It might be for kids, but it’s still one of the best depictions of emotions, joy and pain specifically. I try to teach my kids that it's ok to be sad, and to help them accept and move on from it. 


Q: Questions.

I always have too many of them but there’s no learning without questions. I love learning, and I would still be in school if I could. 


R: Roll. 

Just roll with it. 

Whatever that is. 


S: Sex.

Because it’s good, it's needed, and it’s still treated like something people should be ashamed of enjoying or, in the worst possible scenario, where people are guilted and have to hide who they have it with. 


T: Truth.

I’ll take an ugly truth over a pretty lie any day.


U: Unique.

I like everything that's different from me because it opens me to a different viewpoint. What a bore if we were all the same.


V: Violin. 

My son hooked me up with a song, The Word’s Smallest Violin by AJR and it’s such a fantastic one. And Violin is now always on my mind.


Z: Ziplock

I’m always out of those. Also, why don't they sell cereals IN ziplock bags????


1 comments:

Last line is the best - why don't they sell cereal in ziplock bags!!!

REPLY

Hazardous To Your Sanity . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates