Readers

Thursday, December 14, 2023

 



As we are close to rolling into 2024, I wanted to take a few minutes and explain how helping an Indie Author is different, in many cases, from supporting a traditionally published author.


Those authors with publishing companies often get an advance, and have their editing, book covers, etc created at no cost to them.

An indie author pays for everything: editing, proofreading, cover design, and more.

I absolutely understand if you can’t buy a book… there are other ways to help them out.

Share their posts. Join their groups. Tell others about them. Follow their pages and social media locations. Like and comment on their posts for reach (the algorithm can be a killer). Invite others that you know to follow them on social media – tag friends.

Many indie authors work a full-time job while trying to write and promote.

You can always help promote and get a FREE book – join a street team, be a beta reader, or be an ARC reader. In these instances, most authors will provide a free eBook and often will give swag occasionally. Never hesitate to reach out to an author for one of the above or to simply offer to review a book (for free – I can’t even tell you how many times I get contacted that someone will review my book, but it will cost $20 plus a free copy).

Have more ideas on how to support indie authors? Leave them in the comments!

Also, be watching for my next post on Dec 23. I will be diving into some 2024 author goals that have me stressed out wondering if I will hit goals (remember, some of us are struggling to pay rent in single-income households with rising costs).


Hazardous To Your Sanity . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates