Readers

Monday, December 11, 2023

 

Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay

After posting an informational link to let my followers on Twitter know about an opportunity to share a sample of their writing with a blog hop I frequently participate in, my sight was graced with a post asking this all-important question:

Some people say the model pictured is fat. What do you think?

I went off a bit because I am beyond tired of this kind of crap. Here was my response.

Why in hell do you or anyone else care about another person's body? Fuck's sake, leave people alone. There's no need to harass people you think are fat. What did they do to you? It's so tiresome. I'm glad I'm old and evil & don't GAF about crap like this (except it makes me mad.)

Fat is not the worst thing a person can be. Even if being fat is more unhealthy than juggling ten hand grenades while walking over a bed of hot coals, there's still no excuse for making someone's life miserable. I guarantee that shaming people won't mold them into what you think they should be, it will only make them hate themselves. 

If shaming worked, there would be no alcoholics, no drug addicts, no smokers, no fat people, and nobody would have psychological problems. We'd all be perfectly perky and pretty in the prescribed way. 

That world sounds like a real snooze, honestly. 

I usually try not to interact with posts deliberately poking bears, but sometimes I can't hold back, particularly when it's crap where we should all know better. Mind your own business and mind your own body. Put another way, don't be a dick. If everyone followed this rule, the world would be a far more pleasant place.




Hazardous To Your Sanity . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates